Rode VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension SystemSKU: 7796
The Rode Microphones VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera's shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight and when mounting on a camera it does not appear in the frame. The VideoMic can also mount to Rode's boompoles for elevated audio capture. Its super-cardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances.
The included Rycote Lyre is a non-elasticized suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic. It is more effective at acoustically decoupling microphones from unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than elasticized suspensions. The lyre remains effective at a wide range of temperatures and is virtually indestructible. It will never wear out, sag, snap or require any rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9 Volt batteries (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery.
- Barrel Canceling Pick Up:ֲ The Rode Video Mic functions as a true line plus gradient microphone with a super-cardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side-audio. The result is maximum pick up of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments
- Selectable 10 or 20dB Pad:ֲ When capturing audio in loud environments, the VideoMic offers built-in attenuation. The selectable 10 or 20dB pad lessens the microphone's sensitivity, allowing it to handle higher SPL levels without sacrificing clarity
- High Pass Filter Switch:ֲ A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities
- Internal Power:ֲ The condenser element is powered with a standard 9-volt battery for up to 100 hours
- Rode Microphones VideoMic
- Rycote Suspension System
- Rode Microphones Warranty
|40 Hz to 20 kHz
|at 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave, selectable
|Dynamic Range (Typical)
|114 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
|74 dB (1 kHz at 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
|Maximum Input Sound Level
|134 dB (at 1% THD into 1kohm)
|1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini plug, male
|-10 and -20 dB
|Dimensions (ֳ˜ֳ¿ x H x L)
|2.55x4.02x8.84" / 65x102x250mm
|6.21oz / 176g
We Also Recommend