Harness the full power of your synthesizers with the compact 2 x 8 Korg SQ-1 Step Sequencer. The unit offers a wealth of jacks for connecting to synthesizers such as the MS-20. Inspired by the original SQ-10 step sequencer, this modern update lets you play your vintage and new synthesizers by ear with an intuitive hardware-based workflow.
Powered by either AA batteries or a USB connection, the sequencer supports the Hz/V control standard, which makes it suitable for controlling the MS-20 or MS-20 mini. It also supports the V/Oct standard with the ability to control the voltage level of the CV output and polarity of the GATE output can be specified as appropriate for the device that is connected.
To connect your synthesizers, the sequencer provides two CV/GATE out channels as well as MIDI OUT, USB MIDI, littleBits out (to connect to the littleBits synth kit by littleBits Electronics Inc), plus the SYNC IN/OUT channel that allows you to connect to Korg's Volca and Monotribe series of products.
The unit offers two channels (A and B) of an 8-step sequencer that can operate consecutively or in a variety of other modes. You can run A and B following each other to function as a 16-step sequencer, ignore the order to make the steps play randomly, or use A and B to control different parameters as they run in parallel. The variety of selectable modes enables everything from simple sequences to complex changes.
The 2 x 8 step buttons can be used in the traditional way to turn notes on/off notes or you can use the MODE button to switch their function, allowing you to perform the sequence. The "Active Step" mode lets you skip steps mid-way through a sequence and the "Step Jump" mode lets you instantly play just the step that you press to produce irregular rhythms or effects that are reminiscent of short loops. The "Slide" mode produces an effect in which steps are connected smoothly, which, for example, could be used on a synth bass to create an acid sound.
For fine tuning the sequencer, the step resolution can be selected as quarter notes, eighth notes, or 16th notes. You can specify the way in which the step knobs control the pitch. Either the knob values can specify the pitch directly or they can specify the closest note in a major, minor, or chromatic scale. The sequencer is housed in a sturdy sheet-metal enclosure.
- MS-20 Compatibility
- Uses Hz/V standard to provide excellent pitch stability limiting for control of the MS-20 and MS-20 mini
- Provides two CV/GATE OUT channels, a standard MIDI OUT, USB MIDI, littleBits out (to connect to to littleBits synth kit), as well as SYNC IN/OUT channel to connect to the Volca series or a Monotribe
- Versatile Sequencer Modes
- Provides two channels (A and B) of an 8 step sequencer that can operate consecutively or be used in a variety of other modes such as in 16-step sequencer mode, ignoring the order to play randomly, or with different control parameters for A and B run in parallel
- Volca Style Step Buttons
- Features a 2 x 8 step button grid that allows you to turn notes on/off or use the MODE button to switch their function for powerful performance possibilities
- Active Step
- Lets you skip steps mid-way through a sequence
- Step Jump
- Lets you instantly play just the step that you press to produce irregular rhythms or effects that are reminiscent of short loops
- Produces an effect in which steps are connected smoothly
- Korg SQ-1 Step Sequencer
- 2 x AA Batteries for Testing
- Mini Plug - DIN Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
|Mode|| Sequencer Modes
|CV In/Out Controls||Out Pitch: Linear, Minor, Major, Chromatic
Out Voltage: 1 V, 2 V, 5 V (Oct), 8 V (HZ/V)
|Gate||Output Polarity: +(positive polarity), -(negative polarity)|
|Sync||In/Out Polarity: +(rise), -(fall)|
LittleBits out jack (mini monoaural phone jack)
OUT (MIDI OUT) jack (mini stereo phone jack)
CV-A OUT-Gate jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT: Output level 1 V, 2 V, 5 V, 8 (Hz/V), GATE OUT: output level 10 V)
CV-B OUT-GATE jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT: Output Level 1 V, 2 V, 5 V, 8 (Hz/V), GATE OUT: Output level 10 V
IN-SYNC-OUT jack (mini monaural phone jack, SYNC IN: Max input level 20 V, SYNC OUT: Output level 5 V)
USB jack (type B, USB MIDI)
|Power Supply||2x AA batteries (alkaline recommended) or USB power|
|Battery Life||Approximately 5 hours (when using alkaline batteries)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||7.60 x 3.31 x 2.48" (9.30 x 8.40 x 6.30 cm)|
|Weight||1.41 lb (641.00 g)|
|Package Weight||2.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.9 x 4.5 x 3.4"|
We Also Recommend