Hoya NXT Plus Circular Polarizer HMC 10-Layer Multi-Coated Slim FilterSKU: 3813
The NXT Plus Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges and filters this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring that can be rotated in order to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes five layers of anti-reflection coating. An additional hydrophobic coating results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- 1.7x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.8 stop.
- Multicoated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning.
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect.
- 77mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Top knurling to provide a more textured grip when mounting or removing it from a lens.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport
|Filter Type||Circular Polarizer|
|Filter Factor||1.8 (0.8 Stop)|
We Also Recommend