Aputure Light Storm LS C120D II LED Light Kit with V-mount Battery PlateSKU: 12402
- 5500K Daylight Color Temperature
- CRI/TLCI: 96/97
- 18 dB Quiet Fan, Onboard DMX
- Wired Controller Box
- Wireless Remote with 328' Range
- V-mount Battery Plate
- Built-In Handle
- Includes Dedicated Carrying Bag
Boasting 25% more brightness than its predecessor, DMX control, and a redesigned handbrake-locking yoke, the Light Storm LS C120D II Daylight LED Light from Aputure is a Chip on Board (COB)-powered fixture with a 5500K color temperature that consumes a negligible 180W of power while outputting 135,000 lux (equivalent to a 1000W hot light) at a distance of 1.6' with an optional Fresnel. In addition to power efficiency, the fixture also features a high CRI/TLCI rating of 96/97, an indicator of precise rendering of color.
Ideal for sound-sensitive environments, the LS C120D II is seen but not heard thanks to an intelligent cooling system that employs temperature-sensitive fans to regulate the heat. There's also an Auto/Force button that triggers maximum cooling. In any case, even at maximum power, the fan noise doesn't exceed 18 dB - basically the sound of a person breathing.
The LS C120D II's performance is backed by its design. The all-aluminum construction goes through over a hundred fabrication steps. The reflector and accessory mount is the widely-used Bowens S-type, while the wired controller is separated from the fixture's body, making it lighter and reducing its size. You can make light intensity adjustments locally on the fixture or remotely with an included wireless remote that allows you to control dimming functions from as far away as 328'. Yet another way to turn the light on or off or dim it from 1-100% is via onboard DMX, remotely from a console. The LS C120D II is ready for worldwide use thanks to its controller's 110-240 VAC power supply. You can also use its V-mount battery plate for external battery power when mains power is unavailable. The LS C120D II is delivered as a kit with a reflector, controller, and a dedicated carrying bag to protect the light during travel and storage.
- 25% Brighter than Predecessor
- The LS C120D II boasts a luminance of 135,000 lux at 1.6' away with the optional Aputure Fresnel. With an approximate brightness equivalent to a 1000W tungsten light, the C120D II is nearly 25% brighter than the 1st generation C120D, making it competitive with some of the highest-grade studio lights on the market.
- Accurate Color
- The LS C120 II features a CRI of 96 and a 5500K color temperature. Additionally, its TLCI also has been measured at up to 97. TLCI, or Television Lighting Consistency Index, is the accurate measurement of color fidelity of a light source for broadcast use; a high rating shows that a light source will render colors well in a film or photography context. Therefore, the LS C120D II will display natural color in both photo and video applications.
- DMX512 Capability
- DMX is the worldwide industry standard for film and television studios, theater, broadcast, and all forms of digital networking systems. The C120D II comes with DMX capability, allowing studios to maximize their range of uses for their lighting arsenal.
- Combined Controller-Power Unit
- the C120D II is now powered by a single, all-in-one power box. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum but maintaining its lightweight build, a single power unit means less cabling and power components so filmmakers spend less time setting up their light, and more time being creative.
- Neutrik Cable Locks
- Color-coded Neutrik cable systems allow for more flexibility in where your light can be placed, and advanced locking systems ensure maximum safety, regardless of your set's challenges and environment.
- Handbrake-Locking Yoke
- A redesigned yoke construction accommodates an expanded range of motion of over 330°, letting you angle and point your light anywhere you need it. An improved user-friendly hand grip design also makes for highly intuitive controls.
- The Brightest or the Dimmest
- The LS C120D II has taken the precision controls of the C120D and expanded them further allowing for seamless dimming from 1 to 100%.
- Auto/Force: Powerful Temperature Control
- The LS C120D II has an intelligent temperature control system. The fan's rotation will be varied based on the correspondent ambient temperature. The fan can also go to maximum of rotation when you engage Auto/Force mode. This complex fan system improves both heat dissipation efficiency, and LED lifespan.
- Quiet Operation
- Most lights utilizing a fan system are too loud and not suitable for film or video production, however, the LS C120D II with its built-in electric fan, produces only 18 dB noise, similar to the sound of a person's breathing. That means is negligible fan noise, even at maximum output.
- Portable and Lightweight
- Portability and light weight are characteristics many photographers and filmmakers can appreciate in equipment and the LS C120D II weighs in at 4.8 lb.
- Intelligent Design
- Featuring an aircraft-grade aluminum body, the LS C120D II is tough and durable. More than 100 fabrication procedures such as extrusion, cutting, trim, sandblasting, and laser engraving are employed.
- Effective Battery Power Solution
- The LS C120D II is able to meet various shooting requirements with AC or battery options. The light's V-mount battery plate is an asset for situations where mains power is unavailable.
- Wireless Remote Control with 328' Range
- Using 2.4 GHz technology, the LS C120D II can power on or off or adjust brightness wirelessly, even at distances up to 328'.
- The LS C120D II has the convenience of an integrated handgrip for adjusting the light's direction and for expeditious packing.
We Also Recommend